So some of you might remember the marker incident from a few months ago. If you do, you might think I learned my lesson about markers... and I have (at least with permanent markers). Not withstanding my earlier education, we seem to be experiencing some déjà vu around here this morning. This time, however, it was a paint marker that Aiden got his hands on. I'm not sure how he managed his artwork since the cap must be screwed off and you must press down on the marker tip to get the paint out (a challenge when you're actually trying to get the thing to work) but he did!
You may also remember my dining table of which I am very proud.
Aiden was very proud of his accomplishments and surprised that I was not quite as excited. I wish this picture was in focus but I was snapping shots very quickly so my photography skills weren't quite at their best.
No, he's not dead but he is still in the tub where he isn't able to paint or write on anything (at least, I think). We'll see if he makes it out before people can read and comment.
And why do I have a paint marker, you may ask? Well, we wanted to make souvenirs for some coworkers and family members and decided to bring home sand and shells from the lovely beaches of Aruba. We then went to Michael's where we picked up some cute bottles and a paint marker with which we wrote "Aruba" on the side of said bottles. I finished this little craft yesterday and though I'd put the paint marker out of reach only to be proved, once again, that my child can climb higher than I can store things!
Can I go back to the Caribbean now???
4 amazing comments:
As I was saying...Aiden comes by his artistic talent naturally since his great, great, great-grandvather, David Ramsay Sellars of Dundee and Glasgow, Scotland was an artist, also!
Crayons are good, no clean up. Carry on, Aiden! Love, Marmie
ooop! should have reread thad, meant to write great-gramdfather. I was more concerned about using the right password.
Wow, I'm glad you got most of it out. Actually, really amazing that he only had a little bit left when you came over.
Amazingly enough, the paint came off the table with a combination of a paper towel and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Though when I first saw what he'd done to the table I could only envision refinishing it out on our tiny deck this weekend. Not my idea of family fun!
Post a Comment