So I've been on the hunt for a set of table and chairs that (1) didn't cost too much, (2) were made out of real wood, (3) that had some style, and (4) would last several years. I finally found a "pub style" table and set of six chairs listed on Craigslist for $500. I got the seller to come down by $50 and we went to pick it up yesterday. However, since we only have a very small car we had to borrow a friend's minivan (thanks G&C!). But we got it home, set up and polished and it looks fabulous!
I wanted to get a "pub style" table because they're a little taller than your average dining set but within minutes, Aiden had already figured out how to get himself up on the chairs and table. Heaven help us with the monkey!
5 amazing comments:
Dang that is nice. Now I want a knew one! You must have been kidding yourself thinking he wasn't going to make it his own, remember who your child is. I like the tree thing. Table decorations are always so hard. It is never fun to eat with a huge plant covering someone's face.
The set looks great, and I can tell Aiden approves.
We just had our first dinner at the new table and it's fabulous! Once we got seated, Ian asked me, "So, is it everything you hoped it would be?" Smart-ass!
Great table!
What a fabulous dining set! I need to check out craigslist for some good deals, seems everyone but me is getting them!
Post a Comment