Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Hmmm... Bad Mom Award?

Ever have one of those days when you feel like you're a front runner for the "bad mom" award???

So we're in the process of packing to move from building #2 in our apartment complex up to building #13 (long story... I'll explain later). This means I have an abundance of boxes and markers running around the house. Well, today I made the mistake of leaving a marker next to a box before using the restroom for a few minutes. After washing my hands and trying to convince my hair to go back into the barrette it's fallen out of, I found a wonderful surprise in the living room!

If I was a better mom I would probably stop these types of behaviors right away and inflict some sort of punishment. Of course, the only person I can rightfully punish is myself since I'm the idiot who left a permanent marker in reach of a toddler!

But since I didn't stop Aiden's artful experiment, you get some lovely pictures of his handiwork.


Notice the nice job he did on his arm???



Some of you other parents may be happy to know, however, that the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do take permanent marker off of glass and painted surfaces! I wish it worked on skin...

5 amazing comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like the good old days. I think you have a budding artist there. Love, Marmie

Gretchen said...

Um no, I think you're up for the best mom award. I would have come unhinged or I would have grabbed the marker and drawn a little mustache on the boy. Have you googled removing permanent marker from skin yet?

Best of luck with the housing shift. Sorry I'm not there to cheer you on.

Unknown said...

Well... he's definitely right-handed.

Jeni said...

WOW!!! the arm was the first thing I noticed. hooray for Mr. Clean's magic eraser. Sara hasn't had any drawing on walls incidents (knock on wood) she does like to put stickers on all the walls and floor.

SandyKay said...

Wow. That is some impressive artistry in a short amount of time (unless that hair was really more stubborn than you let on..). I love Sharpies, and yet they scare me to have them lying around, too, tempting small children to release their wondrous powers..

And you definitely do not deserve the Bad Mom Award for just leaving a marker out. If you left a chainsaw out, then maybe (particularly if it were turned on). Or if you made Aiden EAT the marker as punishment, maybe. But no, you're still a pretty great mom. Sorry. :)