Yesterday we celebrated his birthday by having some friends over and enjoying some relaxed fun on the slip n' slide and in the sprinkler. It was a fairly low-key event and worked out beautifully!
Ready for some slippery action!
The water guns made an appearance at some point for additional wild, wet fun.
And after about an hour of water antics, we got ready to knock this guy around for a bit...
Waiting for the monster to be strung up.
A valiant effort was made by all to relieve the piñata of its candy...
Devin even chatted with him about giving up the goods!
In the end, though, we had to call in a true slugger (and the metal bat) to get the candy.
This shot reminds me a little of a pack of hyenas enjoying their kill...
After the piñata, we sang "Happy Birthday" and enjoyed the cupcakes.
I have to say I'm rather proud of these little cupcake toppers. I bought the cupcakes (I know, I'm a slacker mom) and their only decoration was sprinkles. I made the "Cat in the Hat" picks by putting together stickers with a toothpick in between them.
Aiden blew out his candles (just before the wind got them) and we enjoyed some more sugar!
It was a great party and a great birthday! Can't wait to see what else life has in store for our wonderful five-year-old!
1 amazing comments:
That was a fun party! What a big boy you have, only a few more days until kindergarten!
Post a Comment