Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Summertime and the living is... sticky?

While Aiden was at gymnastics this morning, Devin and I headed to the grocery store to pick up cupcakes for tomorrow's party and a few other things. Devin has gotten to the point now, though, that riding in the grocery cart is no longer "fun." So he was throwing a bit of a tantrum. When we passed the in-store bank with lollipops sitting on an open table, free for the taking, I grabbed two and shoved one in Devin's mouth (the other was for Aiden). It did the trick and I was pretty excited until we arrived home and I discovered that Devin had fallen alseep... with lollipop in hand!

I'm sure all the readers of this blog know what an extremely awesome mother I am. So I did what you might expect. I took Devin--lollipop in hand--inside the house and deposited him on his bed to sleep. Want to know what a 2-year-old looks like after napping with a BLUE lollipop? Then look below for the amazing results!

Still asleep (can you see the blue all around his mouth?).


Still waking up...


Sticky eyes from the lollipop! If you look at his pillow, you can see where the lollipop stuck while he was snoozing.


Life is good when you wake up with candy in your hand!


I don't even know what to say about this one... Evil genious post nap with lollipop???


All's well that ends well (and ends with a bath!).

0 amazing comments: