Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gymnastics!

Not long ago, we heard about a gymnastics school about five minutes from our house. So we went to check it out, and they offered to let Aiden take in a class for free. No surprise, Aiden loved it! We signed up for eight week of classes and just completed week three this Tuesday.

Typically, I drop Aiden off and leave to run errands. The center is just behind Target so that's a convenient place to stop while Aiden tumbles. I would actually prefer to stay and watch, but Devin makes it challenging as he'd really prefer to be joining the big kids rather than watching from the sidelines. But this week we stayed and took some pictures to share with Ian and the rest of the world.

Sidenote: I have a great camera, but taking pictures inside a gym is really, really hard!


Some warm-up exercises with rythm sticks.




Waiting in line to practice somersaults


Somersaults in action!


Balance beam


Vault


Back bends


And a few shots of Devin getting into the action (it's a good thing they like kids)






Here are the two videos I was able to manage while wrangling Devin. You can hear him complaining in the first video (I was holding him under my arm while shooting the camera with my other).

Walking across the balance beam.


Aiden doing "seat drops" on the trampoline.

1 amazing comments:

Lindh Family said...

Come on over to Reno and he can "seat drop" at our house. Seat o wars were the best as kids and they haven't changed. Looks like a great place.