Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pickin' berries on the farm

The heat in Boston has been near record highs so I thought a perfect activity would be standing out in the sun picking berries! Actually, I'd planned berry picking for a playgroup activity and I hate changing the schedule for anything so we headed to Ward's Berry Farm in Sharon to pick raspberries and blueberries.

Aide had a blast picking berries!




Devin wasn't all that thrilled and would have preferred to be home taking a nap in the air conditioning.


After picking we headed inside for some soft serve, water and cooler air. Once we'd recovered (and Devin had passed out in the stroller) we headed out to the 4H barns to visit the animals. One of the 4H kids offered to bring out a chicken for petting.

I don't think the chicken was as excited as the kids but it didn't struggle and Aiden thought it was pretty cool!


We ended up with a half pint of blueberries and a half pint of black raspberries. We still haven't decided what to do with thm but perhaps some scones are in our future... Either way, it was a fun--if not terribly cool--outing to the farm!

1 amazing comments:

Raylene said...

we are enjoying berry season here this year! The kids love it. We should be weighing them instead of our buckets....