Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sum-sum-summa' time!

We have been soaking up the summer around here and loving both the heat and our central air (the person who invented air conditioning should be granted a pass into heaven, no questions asked, in my book)!

While I'm not the biggest "beach person" (who needs all that sand?!?) I do like the fact that we are so close to good beaches here. At least if we're headed for a day of salt water and dirt, we don't have to drive too far. So we took off for a visit to Nantasket last Tuesday and enjoyed some fun in the sun with Ian and a few friends.

We were very close to the water because I'd misread the tide chart somehow but it didn't stop the building!


And while Devin has enjoyed previous beach outings, he couldn't quite keep his eyes open for this one so he and I enjoyed the shade of the umbrella and Devin did a lot of this:


We have also been enjoying our big backyard! We finally got some sprinklers and pulled out the sand box given to us by friends and converted it to a wading pool.

Seen below is the said sand box/wading pool and the kids headed for some sprinkler fun.


Both Devin and Aiden love this round sprinkler Ian chose. I set the water to low and Devin kept trying to drink the spray! Here he is getting a mouthful.


Aiden kept ducking underneath the streams to "hide" from the water. It was pretty funny!


Here's a short video of them running in the sprinklers. Ah... Summer!

2 amazing comments:

Moshi said...

Nothing like water and AC on these hot hot hot days!

Raylene said...

Looks like a perfect summer day!