Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The start of beach season?

Last Tuesday brought 90+ degree weather to the Boston area. We had our ultrasound and regular weekly OB visit but were hoping to make it to the beach right after. Toddler schedules being what they are, we decided to let Aiden nap and enjoy some quiet time at home before heading to the beach in the evening for some family time. Though it had cooled off quite a bit, the beach was still fairly packed with people of all ages. Aiden had a blast digging in the sand and getting filthy (thank goodness we packed a second outfit). Here are some pictures of our fun-filled family evening.

Just starting out (ie. still clean)


Working on getting messier by digging holes, waiting for them to fill up with water and then jumping in them!


Aiden was fascinated by a man flying a HUGE kite nearby!


Contemplating why his parents would tell him not to throw sand... (Incidentally, he picked this Wellfleet Oysters t-shirt out all on his own last week. We weren't intentionally trying for a beach "theme.")


And a non-Aiden shot of some of the lovely homes down on Nantasket Beach!

3 amazing comments:

mom2cherreys said...

I can't believe I haven't dragged my kiddos out to the beach yet! I am SOOOOO ready for it but things keep getting in the way!

Raylene said...

I love beach season! I really enjoyed the pics. lovely beach!

Lindh Family said...

Enjoy it cuz some of us are jealous. Cool and breezy here in the PNW so looking forward to hot summer days. Glad you could enjoy it before the baby arrives.