Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Five Things Tag
I don’t get tagged often so I play along when I do!

Five favorite places I've lived

1. Washington state in general. Mountains, rivers, lakes, the ocean; it’s all there!
2. Wenatchee, WA (a little more specifically) which would be my “hometown”
3. Pullman, WA which is home to the fabulous WSU
4. Easton, MA which is where we had our first real apartment all to ourselves with a lovely loft that we loved but it was too far from the city.
5. The greater Boston area because of the history. Who can pass up Paul Rever’s house???

Five favorite snacks

Seeing as I’m pregnant, this is a difficult thing to narrow at the moment but I’ll give it a try…
1. I don’t know if it counts as a “snack” but Dunkin Donuts’s bacon and egg sandwich on a croissant. Mmmmm…
2. Mini rice cakes with chocolate drizzled on them ($3 for only SIX in a box, agh!)
3. Entenmann’s chocolate chip breakfast bars (again, I’m not sure if it qualifies as a “snack”)
4. Barbecue Lays potato chips (I don’t keep them at home but the kitchen at my school sells them for 30¢! Seriously unfair!)
5. Dr. Pepper (I splurge on sugar where I can!)

Five jobs I've had

There have been several since it took me a long time to realize my true calling but here are just a few.
1. First job ever… Newspaper delivery girl. Started out with my sister at the age of 8 and kept it until college and even then continued for a while. Good hours. Good money!
2. Florist. Bleck! Couldn’t stand just talking to flowers all day!
3. CNA. Hard work. Bad hours. Not great money.
4. Hostess at a restaurant. Fun! Ok money… Fairly mindless.
5. TEACHER! Still my number one job choice

Five things I would do if I had a million dollars

The obvious, boring answers are pay off debt, put college funds away for our children, and invest. Here is my “fun” list!
1. Go back to school. One class at a time. No pressure.
2. Get a nice car and a driver for that car. Can we say, “I hate traffic!”?
3. Buy houses… For my family and everyone I know (that might take more than a million, though)
4. Go back to Aruba for a month and see everything!
5. Travel first class to New Zealand, Australia, Israel, and venture through Central and South America

Five things I love
1. My son, husband, and family members (well, most of them)
2. Good friends who really “get” me and understand my strange ways.
3. Sleep (maybe that should be #1)
4. Hanging around the house in PJs for the whole day!
5. Eating!

Five places I have loved visiting
1. ARUBA! Our best vacation ever (even if it did clean out our savings account)!!!
2. California’s Redwood National Forest
3. Texas in the fall and winter (summer is too dang hot!)
4. Oregon (my family lives there but I’ve never actually stayed there longer than 2 weeks at a time)
5. Washington. Any chance I have to go back.

Five Tags
For fun... I'll tag Moshi, Kristin A., Sarah C., and Lanae. That's only 4 but I just couldn't bring myself to torture another person! : )

3 amazing comments:

Jeni said...

Thanks for posting! That was fun to read about you. My first job was a paper route too. I was 10 and I was on my bike.

mom2cherreys said...

Those are some cool things I didn't know about you. Now I have to figure out how I am supposed to do it on my blog. Is there a secret?

The Donahue's said...

Cool post, and some interesting things I did not know about you. Ps. I love the dunkin bacon, cheese on croussant too. (no egg though)