I'd been having trouble sleeping (this is usually not a problem for me) and when I was sleeping, I was having strange dreams. So I thought I might be pregnant. Sure enough, that little test came back positive! Though if you look closely you'll see that the test line on the left is slightly fainter than the stripe on the right that tells you the test is working. Ian wanted to wait a few days before deciding we were pregnant but I explained how these little tests work and he seemed to agree that we were, in deed, expecting our second child. Since this was planned (as much as anything with children can be "planned") we're very excited!
We had an ultrasound this past Friday to check the date and it looks like May 27th, 2009 is when we're expecting our new arrival. Here is the all-exciting shot from the ultrasound. The little peanut is standing on it's head.

I added a "ticker" to the blog so you can watch the progress of this little one. We're hoping to find out the gender when we have our 20-week ultrasound assuming he/she cooperates (Aiden didn't and we only found out he was a boy when we went back to get better pictures of his heart). So sometime in January we should have an opportunity to find out if Aiden will have a little sister or a little brother!
11 amazing comments:
congratulations again! i feel so privileged to have known before the big blog announcement!
Congrats Cherisa! That's very exciting
It's finally out, I hate keeping secrets! Well congratulations and I can't wait to find out what you are having. I would love to have another baby, but I'm glad I don't have to be pregnant! GOOD LUCK!
Congratulations! I'm glad you got an early picture too.
May and June will be busy months for us, we'll have to get together during the day for cat naps, while Logan and Aiden entertain each other.
Congratulations, such exciting news!!
Woo Hoo! Happy News! Congratulations!
Can you grow me a redhead? If not then at least something as cute as Aiden. I can't wait to see him as the "brothah". Yay for winter pregnancies!
Congratulations!!
Congrats Zafft's in adding another cute kid to the fam! We're so excited for you!
Congrats! and your due date is my birthday so I will be hoping you have it right on time :-)
I commented on this in my head when I first read it, but obviously didn't make it to posting stage until now. CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment