Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Knife-Wielding Pumpkin Killers

We went to Lowes to get a few things for the house and picked up two pumpkins to dig into! Aiden was excited until he saw what's inside pumpkins. Then he was feeling less enthusiastic about the process...

Here's Aiden ready to scoop (pre-knowledge)


"Helping" take the seeds out (he was unwilling to get "icky" for this part of the project)


Devin, as usual, supervised the activities in the kitchen and kept us all in line.


Getting our pattern taped onto the smaller pumpkin


Holding the pumpkin's "eyeball"


The finished project! (Ian carved the skull and cross bones; I only managed the little winking smile.)




With our decorative, talking pumpkin scarecrow on the front step


And click on the video below to see the scarecrow in action!

1 amazing comments:

Moshi said...

Ok, so when I first saw the picture of the dancing/talking pumpkin, I totally thought that Aiden was in there posing in a costume...until I saw him on the video. Those carved pumpkins came out good!