Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why I love blogging...

Public posts about your life in all its grandeur seems a tad narcissistic at times but I have to say I really enjoy reading about all the little things happening in the lives of my friends and family. I especially enjoy the posts about FOOD by the people I know who are really good bakers. So, though it may be a tad self-absorbed at times, I continue to share my own life with you!

Recently, I found an intriguing recipe on a friend's blog that involved ricotta cheese. Now, I'd just made a lasagna so I had some ricotta left in the fridge. Tonight I finally ventured into the kitchen intent on baking and tried this delicious recipe.

Ricotta Cheese Sugar Cookies
Makes 3-4 dozen


1 cup butter, softened
2 cup sugar
1 16-oz. container whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 cups flour


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


2. Using a mixer, combine butter and sugar until well blended. Mix in ricotta, eggs, and vanilla. Add baking soda and salt. Then mix in flour.


3. Drop teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I recommend using parchment paper here)

 
4. Bake 12-14 minutes, until cookies are golden on the bottom but still very light on top. Remove from pans and place on cooling racks. Ice any way you'd like!

The fantastic outcome:


They look a little like baked lumps of homemade play dough but I assure you they taste amazing!

1 amazing comments:

Raylene said...

These sound amazing and the chicken nuggets! Brilliant! We buy them at the co-op but pricey. I am just starting to slow down from the move and trying to cook again. hopefully i will have some recipes to share soon!