Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Diapers? What diapers?

Our normal week is full of running errands, preschool, playgroup and play dates but last week we brought everything to a screeching halt to- duh, duh, duh, duh!- potty train!

I'd heard from several experienced mothers that the best approach is to just hunker down at home and focus on getting pee in the toilet. So I set Spring Break as our week and a few weeks out we started telling Aiden that "very soon" he would no longer be wearing diapers. We even ran out of his size and just put Devin's diapers on him. (Sounds uncomfortable to wear a diaper one size too small, doesn't it? This was part of the plan!)

The week of Spring Break arrived and, without books or special DVDs, we jumped straight into potty training! By the end of the week we'd found success! We even made it out of the house on day five and Aiden had his first bathroom trip in a public restroom!

Here is the trained* child in one of his favorite pairs of underwear


And standing by the adorable little training urinal I got from a friend (no, he's not "mid stream" in this photo)


We are so happy for Aiden's newest accomplishment! It should be a much more comfortable summer for him without the extra padding of diapers!


*Never fear, experienced moms... I understand that one week of success does not mean we won't have regular "accidents" as Aiden continues to learn but I consider only one accident per day and the ability to get both pee and poop in the toilet, TRAINED!

2 amazing comments:

Tamsen said...

Nice work! I call that trained too. Here's hoping my day with Abby will come soon.

Moshi said...

Great job! Now you have to think about what to do with all that extra cash you won't be spending on diapers :)