Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

And... We're back

Not that we actually went anywhere. We've just been absent from the world of blogging for a bit.

So, "What have you been up to?" you may ask... Not much but we're keeping busy with the normal activities around here. Preschool on Wednesdays, playgroup on Thursdays or Fridays, I'm working from home in between childcare tasks, and we've been working on finding tenants for the upstairs unit.

Now that November is almost over, we have finally found tenants and they are moving in as I type. We're hoping it will be a good experience for us and them. My parents came for Thanksgiving so Dad helped Ian tear out the upstairs' bathroom ceiling and put up sheetrock where there used to be an ugly lattice work and plaster that was on the verge of collapsing onto the floor. As I'm typing about it I'm wondering why I didn't take pictures... Oh well. Just imagine a terrible, gross, falling down ceiling and you'll get the idea. Ian's parents have been helping us paint and paint and paint. I don't know if they'll ever be willing to visit again for fear of paintbrushes being thrust into their hands. But we got it done just in time!

I mentioned my parents visited for Thanksgiving and it was nice to have them here. Since our tenants hadn't moved in yet they were able to stay in the apartment upstairs which was super convenient. They brought Aiden's 4-year-old cousin, Megan, with them since her mom was working and because Aiden and Megan are such good friends. We've had to let them web "chat" a few times per week since our last visit to Oregon in August.

We got some library passes for the Children's Museum and the Aquarium and went into the city for those ventures but mostly stuck around the house and enjoyed one another's company.

Here are some pictures from the Aquarium. Most are of Megan and Aiden's friend, Boston, since Aiden spiked a fever around noon and wasn't feeling too great.

Megan and Boston by the top of the large center fish tank where Myrtle the Turtle lives


Devin strapped into the stroller having a fabulous time!


Poor Aiden feeling miserable on Ian's shoulder


Boston and Megan showing the penguins some love!


Here are some shots from the Children's Museum. At some point a smudge got on the lense so the shots aren't great... But, oh well! I'm sure we'll be back at some point!

Aiden and Megan going for a drive


Fun at the water table




Aiden in the large climbing structure (the first time he's been willing to go inside and really climb)!


We had a great time with Mom and Dad but their visit was far too short and before we knew it, five days was up and they were on their way back to Oregon. When they visited in May after Devin was born, I cried upon their departure. Certain it was just all the excitement of buying a house, moving, and the hormones from having just had a baby, I didn't expect it this time around. But, sure enough, I blubbered like a baby! I'm not sure when I became such a softy but I suspect the little kids now running around our home have something to do with it...

Enough about tears, though. Enjoy this cute video of Devin in the Johnny Jump Up. He's figured out how to bounce and LOVES it! Listen for the giggle...

2 amazing comments:

Gretchen said...

Devin's laugh sounds like something you'd push a doll's belly to hear. So classic. Thanks again for taking T with you. He still talks about it. I hope all goes well with the tenants and you don't suddenly hate hearing people moving above you. I don't know how our neighbors stand us.

Rachel said...

He is such a pro at the bouncing! I love his squeaking laugh!