Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

There's real food?

This week Devin decided he wanted to move on from a liquid diet and add some solids. This wasn't my idea, mind you. I'd hoped to delay the mess and extra work of solid foods for a few more months. But on Wednesday morning I was holding Devin and feeding Aiden and myself some oatmeal. Devin was watching every spoonful and started to look a little irritated that he wasn't part of the eating activities. So I thought I'd let him taste the oatmeal feeling certain he'd spit it back at me. Well, he didn't spit it back, he gobbled it up! He proceeded to eat TEN spoonfuls of regular Quaker oatmeal (well, "quick oats").

That afternoon a friend dropped off some baby food her 9-month-old has decided she's not interested in and I thought I'd try to feed Devin some bananas. Once again, I was sure he would just spit them out at me. Nope! He sucked down 2 1/2 ounces of bananas in nothing flat. So we've now added baby rice cereal to the mix and he thinks he's in heaven!

Below are some pictures and a short video documenting about his 8th or 9th experience with baby food (I wasn't armed with a camera the first few times since I was still in denial that this wasn't just a phase). He lunges for the spoon every time it comes near his mouth and ends up hunched over. But he's getting better at staying upright for feeding time.







3 amazing comments:

Lindh Family said...

That was fun to watch! Though I must say I'm so glad we're past that phase for all the obvious reasons. Good eating there, Devin!

Rachel said...

awesome!

Rick said...

That's one hungry baby. So cute. I guess you won't have to worry about him being a picky eater, huh?