I was roaming the internet when I came across an article about these scary dismembered hands. Apparently they're meant to "mimic the size, weight, touch, and feel of [mommy's] hand and forearm to help her baby with comfort, support, protection, and development." Someone came up with this scary idea specifically for premature babies but is now touting this product as perfect for all babies! I just have to say it scares the crap out of me. Just think about coming in to pick up your baby in the middle of the night, groggy from lack of sleep, and a huge man-hand rests on yours. Yikes! Your scream is definitely not going to help baby sleep!
Definitely a "10" on the creepy scale!


6 amazing comments:
That is too funny! I agree with you, creepy.
OH man that is funk nasty. I can see wanting to invent something like that (can they pat?) but seriously some nail polish or something might have helped. I almost lost it when I read the man hand part. Too funny.
That is most definitely one of the most disturbing things I have seen in a long time!
How are you mama??
Holy creepy cow. I have imagined a product such as this, when I've been up nights with a baby who just wants to be held, but the actual product is..ewww.. Derek was just talking about manufacturing a material as soft as a baby's bum, but we really don't want to see that on a store shelf, either..
Ha, this one made me laugh. I've seen this prosthetic hand too roaming the internet. I thought I remember it being expensive too. Stuff a glove people!
They look like muppet hands. I always thought the muppets were scary. Jeff thinks it's a great idea if it would keep us from getting up all night.
Post a Comment