Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

NE Wildlife Center

Last week our playgroup went to the New England Wildlife Center for a tour and we had a great time. Life has been a little crazy so I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures.

The NEWC is home to several turtles which Aiden (and most of the other kids) found very interesting.


We were very lucky nobody fell into the turtle tank!


Our tour guide also showed us a tortoise (related to turtles but lives on land, not in water). I'm told Aiden got down on the floor with this animal, face to face, and started saying, "Hi turtle!" while waving at it but only when I left to check on another group member's arrival.


Aiden and another Aidan, who is a year younger, spent a lot of time trying to burn off energy.


But they settled down when our tour guide brought out a snake!


Our guide was great but after an hour of hanging out inside looking at animals, the kids had had it and it was time to go. But I think we'll be doing this activity again!

1 amazing comments:

Missletoe said...

We had a GREAT time and are looking forward to going back!