So I've been having fun with that but I've also been job hunting for something part-time in the teaching arena and managed to find and secure a job with the ODWIN Learning Center in Dorchester (South Boston area). I'll be teaching two sections of Accent Reduction, a class geared at helping non-native speakers of English learn to sound more like natives, and two sections of an English Learning Center "class" which is more like a study group for people needing the very basics of English grammar and writing skills. It's more than what I was hoping to teach but will be fun and interesting as well as a good way to keep my resume up to date.
I'll be teaching on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 to 1:00 and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 to 7:30. So for the Mon/Wed classes I'll be having a friend watch Aiden and Ian is modifying his schedule to work 7:00 to 3:00 so he can take Aiden during my Tues/Thurs classes. It will be a new adventure for us balancing TWO work schedules and a child but I'm sure we'll survive like every other two-income family.
We also just got back from spending some time on the Cape with Ian's parents who rented a house in Wellfleet for the week of Labor Day. Ian's brothers joined us through Tuesday and we came back up on Tuesday evening for some responsibilities on Wednesday and Thursday but left Aiden down with Wayne and Cindy for two days (hooray for toddler-free dates!). So Thursday night we drove back down to get the monster and got to spend another pretty day on the beach before coming home this evening.
I'll be posting with some nice Cape pictures soon... But first... a breath or two! :)
| From Wellfleet Labor Day Week 2008 |
4 amazing comments:
There's a fun drive-in in Wellfleet that we went on our honeymoon. I'm guessing it would not be as romantic with a toddler in the back...wild guess.
We drove right past it to get out to Lieutenant Island where the house was and almost decided to stop but, you're right, a drive-in is't as much fun with a toddler in the backseat! :)
How is the new job going? I hope you are enjoying it. On Monday I get to go to the office for a whole day like old times. Rick has the day off and is staying with Logan. It should be fun, don't get me wrong, it's the best to work from home, but it will be nice to work for an entire day without also thinking about getting the snacks ready and wondering how much longer that precious nap is going to last, because I really need to get this out the door today.
Congratulations on the new job, how are you liking it?
Post a Comment