Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Friday, February 1, 2008

More real furniture!

Because we kind of lean toward minimalism we never bothered to get Aiden a crib or any other furniture. We felt pretty secure in determining that a newborn cares very little what he sleeps in as long as his needs are met. So we registered for a mini co-sleeper and called it good. But then something funny happened... That newborn baby grew and learned how to throw himself out of the co-sleeper at 11 months. So we moved Aiden from his little bed to a twin-sized mattress on the floor. He has been very content there for some time but the floor in our apartment is frigid so we thought it might be time for a real bed.

I happen to be a big fan of platform beds which is what I chose for our own bed frame a few years back. They're slightly lower to the ground and don't require a box spring. They can be difficult to find, though, so we went to the Boston Bed Company in Stoughton where I got our bed and found a twin-sized bed frame for Aiden. Because platform beds are lower to the ground it's easy for him to get in and out of and that makes Aiden's own bed much cooler than ours (our mattress is a little thicker and higher). We got it put together last night and Aiden slept in a real bed all of his own for the first time!

Aiden thought the new bed in his room was a fabulous addition and has been jumping on it all morning!

"Helping" put the bed together


Just loungin'


Aiden's morning workout on the new bed


More of Aiden "helping" put the bed together

3 amazing comments:

Gretchen said...

I MUST have one for Boston. I'm going to their website now to price check. Come on craigslist!!!

Jeni said...

Looks great!

SandyKay said...

Nice bed! My sister and I had that type of bed growing up, and I have many memories of us jumping too vigorously on the bed and collapsing into the frame. We'd get really scared every time that we were going to get into big trouble, but usually the slats had just rearranged themselves and could be placed back in the proper places. Hopefully yours is a little better made. :)