Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Brrrrrrr!

So after five days of warm weather, capris, and sandals, New England feels frigid! But it's good to be home with my family. I didn't take Aiden with me on this little trip so the best part of coming home was seeing him in the airport last night and getting to wake up to him this morning.

Monday, my newly-transplanted-to-Austin-from-Boston friend, Sandy, took me to the Austin Zoo. For a zoo in a good sized city, the Austin Zoo is quite small but just the right size for toddler adventures. It is also an animal sanctuary and all the animals have been rescued from poor living conditions or abusive homes. We had a great time and the weather was fabulous!

Thanks for the fun, Sandy!

Self explanatory (I think...)


Wow! Where else would you get to see animals like this?


So cute!


So old! (Well, and cute, too)


In case you didn't know, I have a very soft spot for anything with feathers


Even chickens... These were drinking water through a fence


This bird was using a stick to scratch his back, neck, belly and under his wings. I have never seen a parrot do this before! I managed to catch it on video, too.




One of the many, many peacocks roaming all over the place! There were several males and probably a dozen females.


This Tiger, Ramah, was just refusing to go in the cat house so the keepers could clean but he finally gave in when they offered him some chicken




And my second set of gracious hosts... Sandy, Penelope, and Ava

1 amazing comments:

SandyKay said...

Yea! We had a great time with you here, Cherisa. Ava wants you to come back (as do I!). LOVE that tiger video and the itchy bird!!