Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Truths and Habits

So Delise "tagged" me to "tell 6 truths or habits" ten days ago and, like a schmuck, I have been too lazy to do it. It's fun to read everyone else's but when you have to come up with your own, it's a little different.

So I don't think I have six of either truths or habits so I'm going to share 3 truths and 3 habits. That may not be in keeping with the actual rules but it's still in the spirit of the game!

Truths
1. On hot summer days I crave a gin martini with a twist of lemon in an ice cold frosted glass. This may be shocking to some of you who never knew me between 1996 and 2002 but it's true! Some claim that gin tasks like liquid pine needles but it was always one of my favorite liquors with vodka as a close runner up!

2. I love going on interviews! I'm weird but I find interviews to be exhilarating. I can only guess that BASE jumpers feel the same rush as they step off a 50-story building. I typically prefer I gain a new job when I go on an interview but I'd go on an interview even if I didn't really want the job. Yes... I know I'm a sick woman.

3. I have a small addiction to boxes, bags and baskets. I will collect almost any kind of gift bag and keep almost any kind of box. And I adore baskets of all kinds! I've had to temper my addiction since we have limited storage space but still find myself eyeing the basket aisle at Michael's every time I'm there!


Habits
1. Probably my most annoying habit is mentally (and occasionally vocally) correcting the grammar of those around me. I'm a terrible speller but am a stickler for using proper grammar and for proper word usage. For the longest time there has been a sign on Rt. 128 near Canton that read "Please drive slow." Every time I have driven by it, I pray they'll correct it to read "Please drive slowly" and they finally did! Can you see why this is annoying to even myself?

2. A second runner up to correcting every one's grammar would be having to "fix" any digital file that comes my way (occasionally I scan in hard copies and make them digital so I can fix them). This includes photos, graphics, word documents, etc. My favorite/best boss was a woman who would very clearly tell me "Don't fix this. Just make copies and get it out ASAP!" She understood my compulsion and helped me break it. I also like to line up cans on grocery store shelves so they all face out. I've managed to break this habit but I still feel the compulsion...

3. So with all the afore mentioned uptight behavior, you'd think my house would be immaculate, right? Not so much... My other habit would be my inclination to just throw clothes on the bed after they've come out of the laundry and then move them to the laundry basket until I need to wear them. This is another habit I'm trying to break but even as I type I can see clothing than needs to be folded or hung sitting next to my bed. Sigh... I guess my computer time is up!

I think I have seen almost everyone else play except Gretchen and Jeni. So, tag! You're it!

3 amazing comments:

Gretchen said...

What?!!? I read your post for the first time in a long time and I get an assignment? So much for this loyal reader. I can't believe you divulged on the martini. I'm drooling now just thinking about it. My funky craving is a corona w/lime on the hot summer days. Ahhh..

Adah said...

hey Cherisa,

I was about to tag you...well I did on my blog but now that you have already done this forget about it. Instead you should just check out my blog to read more about me.

Delise said...

Those were great truths or habits! With your compulsion to fix things, I bet that it can be difficult to read my blog! :) I hope it's not too painful!