Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Portland Children's Museum

The Portland Children's Museum (PCM) is a blast for the toddler-and-up crew (I think the "adults" enjoy it a little, too). I'll apologize in advance for the numerous pictures but there's a lot to do and see! I did actually show some restraint as there are only 11 pictures posted here but I took close to 200!

There is a "market" and "restaurant" where the kids have access to child-size check out stands, shelves, counters and a kitchen. Pretty cute!


Of course, Aiden found the phone without delay!


A "dig pit" donated by some construction group has "dirt" made out of little pieces of rubber. They even have fake rocks! This seems to be every child's favorite part of the PCM.


There's a lovely little toddler play area with a built in stream/slide.


Notice what's "fallen" into the river? Some binkies have definitely been lost, here!


Crawling in the log...


And peaking out... (Aiden thought this was hilarious!)


I got into the log-crawling act, too!


Aiden has to climb into any "vehicle" he finds. He's completely obsessed with steering wheels, buttons and gadgets!




And the "pièce de résistance" of the whole day... Drum roll please...
The WATER-PLAY AREA!





We are planning on making another trip to the PCM prior to heading home but I promise there will be fewer pictures if I report on those activities!

0 amazing comments: