Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My FIRST Thanksgiving dinner as the chef!

The main point of my trip to Portland was to be here to provide babysitting so my sister could continue working while our parents are away. However, the secondary reason for my visit was to be here so Celina and Megan wouldn't have to spend Thanksgiving alone.

So while Celina worked from 10 to 4 today, I watched the monkeys and cooked Thanksgiving dinner. I'm almost ashamed to admit that in 9 years of marriage I have never been responsible for Thanksgiving dinner. But I'm proud that I got everything cooked correctly and on the table all at the same time (not a small feat)!

So here is a gorgeous picture of my first official Thanksgiving as the chef!





Well... not so much.











Martha probably wouldn't approve, but do you think I'd really cook an entire turkey for just two adults and two toddlers? Of course not! So here's what our table actually looked like.


No, those aren't wine bottles... Just some sparking cider. Notice the children's flatware at the top of the picture???

And here's the turkey "roast" in all its gory! Ta-da! Not terribly pretty but very yummy!

1 amazing comments:

Meredith said...

Ha, you had me there. I was thinking, "wow, look at the grape garnish and gobblets"...the bottom one looked more realistic...you had all the basics at least. Hope it was fun!
-Mer