Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Time Out for Women!

Only one word can describe my experience at TOFW-- AWESOME! It was my first time attending and now I know why so many women work so hard to get there each year. There were some amazing guests but probably my favorite part was when Hillary Weeks (the musical guest) introduced herself through song... She used the tune from the Sound of Music's "My Favorite Things" to somewhat "outline" her life. I didn't write down all the lyrics but the funniest part was:

(to the raindrops on roses... part)
Bed time and nap time
And bed time and nap time

(slight pause for effect and then)
Bed time and nap time
And bed time and nap time

And did I mention I like when they sleep?
These are a few of my favorite things!

(now to when the dog bites... part)
When the kids cry
When they all fight
When I'm getting mad
I go to the freezer, take out the ice cream
And then I don't feel___ so___ bad___!

It was a riot and left everyone laughing, clapping and cheering! Maybe you had to be there but I was loving it! If I had thought a little further ahead, I would have pulled out my phone and taped it. Alas, I don't usually manage to think that far ahead.

No amazing pictures or anything, but I had to share with all my blogging pals!

2 amazing comments:

Rick said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I'll have to plan on going next year. It sounds like a great experience.

Delise said...

I went last year and loved it but couldn't make it this year...sounds like I missed out! I enjoyed hearing about it in your testimony yesterday! Yay for TOFW!!