"If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning,
I'd hammer in the evening,
I'd hammer in my living room,
I'd hammer in my bedroom..."
What? You don't remember those last two lines? Well, they're what fit our house right now!
We knew when we moved into our glorious mansion that there was a good deal of work to be done. One of the projects we've been putting off was rewiring the main living spaces. The kitchen was rewired when we first moved in (you may remember the horror) and the kids' room was in pretty good shape. Our bedroom and living room, however, were just insurance claims waiting to be filed.
Of course, we figured the best time to start our next remodeling project was moments before the baby was born, so we scheduled the three-week long project to start the end of May. Our contractor, however, doesn't seem to want to live quite so on the edge and made himself available* the first week of May!
The project involves the following: tearing down all the walls, increasing and improving the lighting, bringing wiring up to code and adding outlets, moving two closets, changing the access point to a closet, adding some windows to the living room, and putting the walls up again! We're hoping our contractor will be willing to take on future jobs since there were TWO layers of sheetrock on the walls on top of the lathe and plaster and FOUR layers of sheetrock on top of the plaster ceiling in the living room. Not unexpected but exhausting just the same.
We're still two weeks away from the finished product, but here's a glimpse of what we've seem accomplished to date!
*Actually, the project he'd scheduled for before ours got delayed.
1 amazing comments:
wow! intense! i can't wait to see the end result!!
Post a Comment