Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Wild Life

We've been incredibly busy around here recently, but we're still finding time for occasional bits of fun in our harried schedules.

Friday-before-last Almost three weeks back*, we headed to the New England Wildlife Center in South Weymouth for a tour of the facility and a visit with the animals. We went with our playgroup (and have been there before) and loved seeing all the animals.

Waiting for our tour guide to join us


Our first "wild" animal visitor (a temporary resident owned by a volunteer of the center)


Aiden loved the big bunny!


We stopped in to say hi to the resident owl who has "beautiful brown eyes but a broken wing," according to Aiden. (He spent the following week telling just about everyone he saw about the poor owl who is missing a wing.)


And chatting with one of the resident tortoises...


I did manage to make it into one shot after handing the camera to another mother while I wrangled Devin away from the turtle "pond." He tossed in a huge rock, and I was extremely grateful it didn't hit any of the turtles!


*You'll notice I started this post about a week ago but didn't finish. Yep. Busy.

1 amazing comments:

Lindh Family said...

Nice job of getting it posted. Looks like you had fun.