We currently have two snails and three guppies. Strike that. We had three guppies. Yesterday morning, I found in the tank, these:
Need a closer look?
Yep! That's right, folks! We have baby guppies! I found a total of SIX hiding in the bottom of our tank (they're about the size of mosquitoes) and moved them to a separate tank in the kitchen (the old, 3-gallon tank that was the original home of "fish and frog"). Guppies--actually, most fish--will eat their young. So, to keep the newborn guppies alive, they had to be separated from the rest of the tank. Not sure if the mother was done birthing babies, I separated her, too.
Here's the mother fish in the smaller tank being kept away from her children.
And, in the big tank, I moved the other female and the male to their own little clear box until I was sure all the babies were out.
Seriously. They're just fish! How did this become Animal Planet?!?!
1 amazing comments:
wow! After our little frogs took a trip to the wetlands by our house last summer, we have been pet-less! I bet the boys love it!
Post a Comment