I have a TON of pictures to share still but I think I'll, once again, save you from the world's longest post and just include a few.
While in Oregon Aiden got a final birthday present from G&G Wrzesinski. It was a gorgeous red scooter and he LOVED it! He and Megan immediately took it outside to test out.
Unfortunately, we left it in Oregon so it's on its way back to us and we're hoping for an arrival today to test out in our own driveway.
An old friend of Ian's family and his wife just moved to the beautiful Northwest and offered to drive down from Bellevue, WA, to visit with us in Portland. It was great to see Tok and Eve since they last departed from Boston when we had just announced Aiden's creation.
We went to Saturday's Market in Portland and enjoyed a relaxed day of wandering, shopping and eating.
Since getting back to our own coast, we have been working on a few minor house projects and I started back to work last week! Ack!
I'm teaching two classes for the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (generally known as MCPHS) and one class for Wentworth Institute of Technology (just called Wentworth). Both are part of the "colleges of the Fenway" and are basically across the street from one another so going back and forth is pretty easy. The tough part is handling three classes I've never taught before and having them be a little spread out. My classes are all on Tuesdays and Thursdays so Ian is with the kids all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, my schedule looks like this:
5:00 AM – Alarm goes off
6:00 AM – Have Ian and kids drive me to commuter rail
6:24 AM – Catch train into town
8:00 AM – Teach
10:00 AM – Meet Ian in the Wentworth parking lot to get the car after he's dropped off the kids at my friend's house
11:00 AM – Teach
12:45 PM – Drive to my friend's house to pick up the kids (20+/- min)
1:30 PM – Go home, eat, feed kids, get house ready for sitter
3:30 PM – Sitter arrives; head back into Boston to teach 3rd class (45+/- min drive due to traffic)
4:30 PM – Teach last class
6:00 PM – Drive home to relieve sitter (45-70 min drive)
9:15 PM – Pick up Ian at the train station
10:00 PM – COLLAPSE WITH BONE-CRUSHING FATIGUE!
Tired yet? I am... One week down, thirteen to go!
2 amazing comments:
Wow...your Thursdays are crazy... only 13 more weeks though, right? :)
I was going to ask if you'd lost weight (and how you did it). Stress explains both. Hang in there!
Post a Comment