Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Morning 2009

Christmas has come and gone and with it I can now breathe a sigh of relief. The presents are unwraped and the candy is almost gone as is 2009. I'm looking forward to longer days, less snow and warmer temps! Yes, I know we still have to survive January, February and March (which is still part of "winter" in New England) but getting past Christmas is the main turning point in a long winter for me.

Christmas morning started with Aiden wandering through the living room while I was up feeding Devin. He almost made it to our bedroom when he spotted a change from the night before.


This change was enough to redirect him to the couch where he promptly climbed up and said, "Can I look inside?" We'd let him open a gift the night before so his interest was peaked and he was ready to go! We got Daddy out of bed and started to process of opening gifts.

Santa's gift was definitely a hit!




Santa also did pretty well with the stockings




We try to keep Christmas fairly low-key around here but the other highlight of the day was definitely the "Talkie, Talkies" from Mommy and Daddy. We knew it would be a hit when Aiden started using the baby monitor to chat with us from the living room to the bedroom. He's still figuring out the whole process but thinks they're pretty darn amazing!


We spent the rest of Christmas day with Wayne, Cindy, Nathan, Andrew and Marmie (Ian's grandmother) enjoying food and a fun Yankee swap. I neglected to pull out the camera except to take some pictures of the kids with their great grandmother.


All in all, we had a lovely day and a fairly calm, relaxing Christmas! Only 363 days before the next one! Ack!

2 amazing comments:

The Donahue's said...

Look at that train set! Awesome!

Rick said...

I totally agree, after Christmas is over, it is "almost" Spring :)