It began on Friday night with Michael McLean who writes amazing songs but is also a really funny guy. And Kim Nelson, an author and family and marriage counselor, who had wonderful, humorous pieces of advice on marriage and family. I actually forgot my camera at home and didn't take any pictures Friday night but we had a fabulous time.
On Saturday we had a large line-up of speakers including Jason Wright, Mary Ellen Edmunds (definitely one of my favorites after hearing her speak), Merrilee Boyack (a riot and an amazing woman), Camille Fronk Olson (the main attraction for me), and Sharon Larsen who gave this amazing line, "I was a better parent before I had children." We also got to listen to Kenneth Cope play and sing some of his best songs.
Since I forgot my camera, I borrowed Cindy's and managed to take a few decent shots in between laughs.
This is Kenneth Cope being weird with false teeth and glasses.
| From Time Out for Women |
This is Merrilee Boyack who is amazingly funny for being the mother of FOUR boys!
| From Time Out for Women |
And here's Jason Wright taking pictures of the audience. (His wife harps on him for coming back from these speaking engagements without any pictures!)
| From Time Out for Women |
And here I am with my wonderful mother-in-law, Cindy, after the show.
| From Time Out for Women |
And one of my closest friends, Connie. (People who know us both are constantly mistaking one of us for the other. I don't think we look that much alike but whatever!)
| From Time Out for Women |
A few other ladies from our ward joined us on this trip and we were sitting with two of them, Debbie and Donna, but Donna took off to get Kenneth Cope's signature right after the presentations were over so I only got a picture of me, Deb and Connie. (This is Donna's little boy, Tommy, though, so it's almost like she's with us!)
| From Time Out for Women |
If you haven't had a chance to attend Time Out for Women, I have just one word for you; GO!
3 amazing comments:
sounds like you guys had a blast. I am so bummed I couldn't make it, next year I will plan to have a babysitter for friday so I can join you!
That was so much fun last year, I'm glad you got to go again. And WHO mistakes you for Connie??
I'm glad you had a good time. Wish I could have gone while it was here, couple weeks post-partum wasn't happening. Gotta say though, Connie does look like your sister, and yet, nothing like me! Weird, huh? =)
Post a Comment