Zaffts in Action

Zaffts in Action
Livin' life day-by-day and posting when there's a little extra time.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What makes you feel like Martha Stewart?

What is it about buying new linens that makes you feel like a certified decorator? Maybe it's knowing that someone else out there said, "Yes. This fabric and color combination will be perfect!" and you agreed with them. Maybe it's just the headiness of change in your surroundings. But whatever it is, it's great!

I decided recently that the comforter we got in 1998 as a wedding gift desperately needed to be replaced (yes, that's almost 10 years of one comforter). After looking online, a trip to Macy's, a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond, and a visit to Sears, I decided to try my luck at HomeGoods. Wonders of wonders, I found a comforter and sham set in the first ten minutes that looked perfect for us. Ian's input was a request that the new linens not be anything "too girly" and this set fit those parameters quite nicely. So the new comforter and shams went into the cart followed by a new set of sheets and some lovely chocolate-colored pillow cases (I like lots of pillows on my bed and actually sleep with a minimum of three every night).

The pictures don't really do the new linens justice. They're a light khaki color with a ribbon of chocolate and a pale dusty blue on the inner block of color. I struggle with the teal/brown combinations but this blue is such a lovely color it's not too bright against the chocolate.

I would have liked to get a few matching throw pillows to toss on for decoration but then that really would have pushed the "girly" line!



7 amazing comments:

Jeni said...

I love it!! I'm still looking for my perfect set.

Delise said...

Nice fine Martha! Love it!

Delise said...

FinD...I meant FIND not fine...

Rick said...

looks great, I'll have to check it out in person when I come over this week.

Missletoe said...

Wow, we are living in parallel universes. We've had the same rotten bed spread for the same amount of time. I saw that comforter last week, and just now, as I was doing the dishes, I was justifying going out to buy it. You're right, it is spectacular (and a good price!)! ...

SandyKay said...

Ooh, so pretty! I mean, it's so good-looking. No, not pretty at all... Derek and I have the same convo about not getting too girly with the decor, so we've always had blue bedding. But I just picked out new sheets without his input, and they're red and kind of flowery. I LOVE them.

Amber said...

It looks so cute :0) Buying new begging is always fun,,,can't wait till I get to that item on my list--my queen size comforter on my king size bed is really looking lame compared to your cute pic!